Thursday, June 4, 2009

What Ayurvedic skin type am I?

Discover you Ayurvedic skin type.

Look at your skin condition in the mirror, then decide which of the answers best describes you.
If an answer does not reflect your skin type give it a miss.
If two answers seem to apply to you, say yes to both!
At the end add up how many A/B/C answers you get to reveal your Ayurvedic skin condition.


  1. my skin feels A- dry/ thin/ rough cold. B- slightly oily/ soft/ hot. C- oily/ moist thick cold.
  2. the pores on my face appear A- small and fine. B- large on the T zone/ small and fine else where. C- large and open.
  3. my skin tone (not colour) is best described as A- bluish. B- reddish. C- yellowish.
  4. my complexion is marketed by A- fine lines / prominent veins. B- broken capillaries/ freckles/ moles. C- blackheads/ excessive oiliness.
  5. my skin appears discoloured in spots such as A- dark pigmentation on the cheeks. B- reddish pigment all over. C- white or brown pigmentation.
  6. my skin is generally healthy but prone to A- dryness/ dehydration, especially in cold weather. B- inflammation/ rashes/ sunburn especially in hot weather. C- acne/ pimples especially in areas around my nose and mouth.
  7. my face is A- small/ thin/ long/ egg shaped. B- average/ triangular/ sharp contours. C- large/ round/ square/ soft curves.
  8. my eyes are A- small/ brown/black + scanty long lashes/ and thin brows. B- sharp/ penetrating/ green/ grey/ hazel + average lashes and brows. C- wide/ big/ brown/ blue + thick lashes and brows.
  9. my lips are A-thin/ dry/ long/ irregular. B- average/ soft/ red. C- thick/ large/ even/firm.
  10. my nose is A- thin/ small/ crocked/ dry/ long. B- average/ prone to capillaries. C- thick/ firm/ big/ oily.
  11. my hair is A- dry/ thin/ course/ curly/ frizzy/ wiry/ scanty/ dark. B- moderate/ fine/ soft/ golden/ reddish/ balding, prematurely greyish. C- oily/ thick/ wavy/ abundant/ light/ dark.
  12. my fingernails are A- discoloured/ rough/ dry/ small/ crooked/ brittle. B- soft/ medium / pink. C-strong/ white/ smooth/ thick/ oily.
  13. my perspiration A- scantly /no odour. B- hot/ profuse/ strong odour. C- cold/ medium/ pleasant odour.
  14. my physical build is A- short + prominent bones/ tall/ thin/ small. B- medium with good muscles. C- over endowed / firm/ large/ magnificent proportions.
  15. in physical activity i tend to be A- poor endurance/ fast to start and stop / very active. B- intolerant of heat/ moderately active+ average strength. C- slow to start/ lethargic/ once started strong + enduring
  16. i am particularly sensitive to A- dry /cold /wind.B- sun/ heat. C- damp/cold.
If you mainly got A's your dosha is Vata, and you skin type is dry.
If you mainly got B's your dosha is Pitta, and you skin type is sensitive.
If you mainly got C's your dosha is Kapha, and you skin type is oily.

No comments: